To help ensure the proper healing of your tattoo please follow these instructions carefully.
- Your tattoo artist will bandage your tattoo before you leave the shop. The bandage should remain on your tattoo for at least one hour, no longer than two hours.
- Remove the bandage and gently wash your tattoo with warm water and mild antibacterial soap. We recommend Soft Soap or Dial.
- After washing gently pat your tattoo dry with a clean, dry towel. Do NOT rub.
- Once your tattoo has been washed and dried completely apply a small amount of ointment to your tattoo. We highly recommend Aquaphor. You should use only enough to cover your tattoo. Any excess should be gently wiped off with a paper towel. The tattoo should NOT look wet or shiny.
- You should wash your tattoo and apply ointment three to four times daily until your tattoo is healed. Most tattoos heal in 7-10 days.
- Submerge your tattoo in water for an extended time.
- Expose your tattoo to direct sunlight for any length of time.
- Pick at or scratch your tattoo.
- Use ointments like Neosporin.